Monday, March 31, 2008

Luke is 4!















This past week we celebrated Luke's 4th birthday. It is so hard for me to believe that my sweet little boy is now 4 years old. I must say the past four years have been priceless. For Luke's birthday, he told me as early as January that he wanted to have his party at Memaw's beach place. So we planned a small pool party at Emerald Isle. His actual birthday was on Wednesday, March 26th, but we celebrated it on Saturday, March 29th. Luke had his first soceer game that same Saturday morning. His team won 5 to 2 and Luke scored 2 goals for his team and assisted in another goal. He is my little David Beckham. After the game, Christian and Luke rushed down to Emerald Isle where Luke's party was set up. He wanted a Lightning McQueen cake which his daddy did a fabulous job on. I baked the cake and Christian decorated it. We had access to an indoor heated pool at mom's condo and the kids LOVED it. Luke invited his cousins; Jack, Allie, Josh, Phoebe and one of his friends Spencer to the party. Of course memaw, grandma and Poppop were there as well. We had a really good time! Around Luke's birthday, he loves for me to recount the days before having him, how he cried when he came out, how I use to snuggle w/ him when he was a baby, etc. As a walk down memory lane with him I cannot help but think about how much I truly love him and how thankful I am that Heavenly Father blessed me with such a sweet little boy. I love you Luke!

3 comments:

regina said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to Luke!
Happy Birthday to you!

Wow! I can't believe that he is four! How time flies. WE miss ya bunches and I am glad that I came across your blog JoAnna. Keep in touch!

lishalou said...

How fun! Time flies doesn't it? Can we come visit and have a party at Sistah Carman's beach place!? HA! We're there! (Nanners, are you getting my comments? jUst curious!, Love ya!)

leah said...

Way cute pictures!! :)
Happy Birthday, Luke!