Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Strawberry Fields Forever!!!


This past Friday we joined the play group from church on a trip to the Strawberry Field. I was so excited because I inherited my Grandma Phoebe's love for the most fabulous fruit in the world.... strawberries. Heather Moss arranged the whole day and it was so much fun. Our group gathered and started with a tour of the animals. We saw chickens, goats (some w/ child), roosters, a peacock and bunnies (Luke's favorite). After that, we all got on a covered wagon and went for a ride around the cow pastures. We got within a few feet of the cows. After the ride, came the best part.... picking strawberries. Our picking went as follows: I was picking beautiful red strawberries and putting them in my basket, Luke was picking strawberries and putting them in his basket and then dumping them in my basket (he was a big helper) and Carman was picking strawberries and squeezing them in her hands and then trying to eat some of the mess in her hand. It was a lot of fun!





I also had to mention Luke's last soccer game. He did such a good job! He scored 4 out of the 6 goals that his team scored. He was on Fire!! (good thing, he plays for Team Fire)




This weekend was so busy because on Friday night, I had a much needed girl's night to the movies with Allison, Courtney, Jenny and Leah (we later saw Joy and Nikki). We went to see "Baby Mama". Very funny! Then on Saturday morning, we had Luke's soccer game. After that I rushed home to get food ready for Allison's baby shower. Then rushed to help set up for the shower. It went really well. The food was yummers! Kim Bloomfield did an AMAZING job on the cake. She put Your Perfect Cake to shame. I think Allison and Tommy got a lot of nice stuff for their twins that are on the way. I hate that I don't have any pictures to post but it was very nice!!! Then this weekend we have Ashley's wedding shower at Brook Valley. That should be fun too! Busy, busy, busy, but I wouldn't haven't any other way. Except maybe 1 weekend w/ nothing to do!
I almost forgot... the other day when Christian and I were cleaning the strawberries that we picked at the Strawberry field, Christian said "JoAnna, come and look at Carman". When I turned around I saw Carman talking to her baby and changing her diaper. It was such a sweet moment. She is such a mother wannabe! I love her to pieces!

3 comments:

Em said...

Wow you guys sure are super busy. The babies are getting so big and are absolutely adorable!!!! =0)

lishalou said...

I just had to get on to wish one of my Favorite Mother's a Happy Mother's Day! I love you Nanners, I hope your kids and Christian made your day Marvelous! Love, Lisha

Ashley said...

Sounds like your family is having fun!! Congrats to Luke for making all those goals..that's awesome!!

I loved Baby Mama...perfect movie for a girl's night out!!