Monday, June 16, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy...


Much like everyone, we have been extremely busy these days! First of all, we sold and moved out of our first home. It was a very bittersweet experience. We made so many good memories in 505 Huff Drive. We made lifelong friends with our neighbors: Dora, Gary, Don, Sue, Frank, Kathy, etc. We are now living at 4305 Wildwood with the best landlord: Pat Carman; aka Memaw. It has been great! Mom said "If you cook, I will do laundry." I was like "Heck yeah!" Poor thing, she hasn't eaten alot of my cooking. She might want to switch soon.




The weekend after we moved in with mom, we went to Tweetsie to see the "real" Thomas the Tank Engine. Alan and Sharon went with us and we had a great time. Luke did not understand why Thomas was pulling a green train and not Annie and Clarabell. They also saw Sir Topham Hat. Then the kids really enjoyed swimming in the pool at the hotel. I am not sure who enjoyed the trip more, the kids or the grandparents. Here are a few pictures of the trip.


Above, is a picture of Luke and Carman at the hotel.


Above is our family with a "Really Useful Engine"


Who is the happiest in this picture???



Above is our family with Sir Topham Hat!


Luke keeps asking to go back and see Thomas, the real Thomas. So I guess this will become an annual thing for us. Believe it or not... Carman loved it just as much as Luke!


I also had the privilege of being a bridesmaid in my girlfriend's wedding this past weekend. Ashley Gibson(now Cuesta) is one of my best friends since kindergarten. She was a beautiful bride and had a beautiful wedding. Her wedding was in Wilmington, NC and Alan and Sharon watched Luke and Carman for us so that we could attend. It was such a nice getaway for us. We stayed in the historic downtown area and it was absolutely my "cup of tea". I loved it! I didn't get many pictures, but here is one of us at the bridesmaids luncheon.



We ate so much good food this weekend, that I feel like I could go a week without food and be just fine. The best part was being able to catch up with my girls. Below is a picture of us at the spa where we got our hair done for the wedding.


I cannot forget to mention my husband, since this past weekend was Father's Day. We left Wilmington on Saturday night and travelled to Morhead for Father's Day on Sunday, plus we needed to pick up our kids. As fun as it was to get away, I cannot stay away from my kids too long. I get seperation anxiety. So we tried to let Christian know how much we love him. Because of the fact that I was blessed to have such a perfect daddy, I always knew that I would have high expectations for my husband to live up to. I am soooo very thankful that Christian is not only my husband and best friend but he is honestly the best father! That makes me love him even more. I love you babe!







2 comments:

lishalou said...

what a darling family! You haven't changed one bit, you are as cute as ever! I would love to take my kids to a Thomas park, they would go crazy! Are they anywhere else? How fun! So how long are you staying with your mom? Is it the same house I know? Good to see you finally post again. I love hearing from you!

Chris and Molly said...

JoAnna!!!
How exciting it was to see you the other day at Panera! I miss your sweet smiling face!!! I was looking all through your blog-- and laughing out loud at some of the comments!!! I liked the tag thing it was interesting to read and you were cracking me up about your 'club thumbs' I'm so glad you love them now - i've ALWAYS thought they were so cute!!!
hope to see you again soon!
Molly