Sunday, April 13, 2008

Grandparents and Sunny Days!










Grandparents and Sunny Days are 2 of my favorite words!




Let me start with grandparents.... Luke and Carman are so lucky to have amazing grandparents in their lives. They have a sweet memaw, a kind grandma, a funny PopPop, a great-grandma Phoebe and a great-grandma MomMom. I envy them because as I was growing up, for the most part, I had just one grandma. Granted she had enough sweetness to make up the difference (that would be grandma Phoebe). My reason for all this talk on grandparents is because, not only do Luke and Carman have all these wonderful grandparents.... they have an adopted pair of grandparents. Our neighbors Dora and Gary are the absolute best to our kids. They treat them as if they were their own and our kids love them. They seriously would do anything for them. So I had to post these adorable picture of Luke and Carman with their "other" grandparents.










Next topic... Sunny Days. This past Friday in Eastern NC was absolutely beautiful. I decided to take full advantage of it and go outside with the kids. I put their bathing suits on them and filled the water table. Luke could not understand why our country club pool was not open yet, so he improvised and created his own. They took the legs off the water table and made that their pool. We had a really good time outside. We even washed Christian's car for him. In the process of washing cars, I let the kids hose down the car. Big mistake... Luke hosed me down instead. He couldn't stop laughing as he was squirting me w/ the hose and my squeals only egged him on. I think the whole neighborhood heard me. No pictures of that though. But here are some pictures from our fun sunny day!





5 comments:

leah said...

i looooove these pics!!! how cool to have such wonderful neighbors. :)

happy spring!

Lauren said...

Hey Joanna!
Good to see yall in Target! It's been forever. I linked to your blog so I hope you don't mind. Your kiddos are absolutely adorable...last time I saw you Carman was a little baby and Luke still had that round little kid looks. Now Carman is a beautiful little girl and Luke well ain't he just so grown up! No more baby look! I hope you are Christian are doing well and maybe when I move back up to Greenville after the wedding I will run into you often! Take care

lishalou said...

OK, it's up Nanners! check it out now! Thanks for the reminder. I want adopitive neighbor grandparents for my kiddos, how fun!

Lyla And Company! said...

Joanna your kids are just beautiful! I am so glad I found your blog!! Tell your mama hi for me and that I love her!!!

Lyla And Company! said...

Joanna your kids are just beautiful! I am so glad I found your blog!! Tell your mama hi for me and that I love her!!!