Last week we were all nestled in our home when the doorbell rang and Luke ran to the door. I was in the garage and didn't hear the doorbell, but when I got inside Luke was yelling about us getting a treat. Once I went to investigate I found out that our house had been hit by a ghost..... The Phantom Ghost. This is a fun surprise gift that is left on someone's door without them knowing who left it! You are suppose to copy the letter that comes w/ the treat, gather a bag of treats, and make a little sign with a ghost on it. Then put them all in a little treat bag or basket and leave them on someone's front steps - you cannot let them see you! Of course I love this type of stuff, so I had to post it. The best part was the next night when we "ghosted" 2 neighbors home. It was so much fun!!
Ever since we got our pumpkins, the kids have been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to carve them. So for our Family Home Evening activity this past Monday night, we made our Jack-o-lanterns. At first Luke was hesitant about sticking his hand inside the pumpkin. Of course Carman was not and did not waste any time getting her seeds out. Eventually Luke warmed up to the idea and joined in the festivities. We had a great time!!!

Carman taking her turn at the pumpkin guts!!

Luke going for it! (I love Carman's expression in the background)

The finished products. Mine is the "R" pumpkin for Robinsons and the kids picked the kitten design. Aren't the the 2 cutest pumpkins you have ever seen? (and I am not talking about the round orange things)
6 comments:
So cute - I can't wait to see those two punkins dressed up in their Halloween costumes! That's my girl Carman - jump right on in there and tackle those pumpkin guts - I ain't scared - I am WOMAN! My man Luke figured somebody has to be cautious so he can get them both out of harm's way in case something unsavory crawls out of that pumpkin. They're so cute!
Very cute pumpkins. I totally forgot about the ghost thing in NC. We were ghosted last year. I think I am going to start that up here.
The pumpkins and kids look fabulous!! =0)
WOw...I am impressed. GrEaT pumpkins!
Cute pics JoAnna! Carman cracks me up! I've heard of the Phantom Ghost as well, my parents got hit one year. Its way fun! It looks like you guys had tons of fun! Your guys are such a cute fam!
I love your polka dot pumpkin...very creative. Ya'll looked great in your costumes!!
Post a Comment