Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Bunco turned to Yucko
Have you ever heard of Bunco? Well, I have heard of it but I had no clue what it was. A group of ladies in our neighborhood invited me to a Bunco night. I immediately told them I have no idea what it is or how to do it. Apparently it is a dice game (according to my google search). But, I thought it would be a good opportunity to get to know some of the women that live on my street. Well, I had put it on my calendar for last Thursday and I was kinda excited about the new adventure. Thursday rolls around and as I am leaving my last class and walking to my car on ECU campus, Christian calls and tells me his meeting in Winston-Salem has run over and he will not be home until after 8:00. Bunco started at 7:00. I was initially really ticked and then thought I could get someone to watch them. So, I am on my way to pick the kiddos up at my momma's house. I pick them up and I am in McDonald's(close to mom's house) drive-thru giving my order when I look back and Luke is vomiting into his hands. My first thought..."Serenity Now"! I go back to mom's to clean up the car and Luke. He was so pitiful. He is never still and quiet but he was at that point. I didn't mention that Luke vomited in Christian's brand new 2009 car! So after clean up, we head home w/ only 1 time pulling off the road. Once we get home he gets sick 2 more times. And I realized even if Christian gets home soon, I cannot leave Luke. Plus I was worn out! So that is how Bunco quickly turned into Yucko!! Maybe next month I will be able to explain how Bunco works???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Bless his heart. Get him a Dr. Pepper. The Dr. will cure anything you've got.
aw man!!!
cute story, but not so happy ending, huh?
here's hoping your family is all better from the yuckos. :thumbsdown:
Wow, I hope he feels better now. Nothing like puke to get rid of that new car smell (Peter would have died and his car is almost 3 years old now).
Oh no! I hope he is feeling better now too! My neice Taylor gets carsick most of the time we travel as well. Hope you get to go another time! I played it once in my parents home ward!
I love BUNCO. I play with a group of ladies at my school and we have so much fun. You will really enjoy it! Hope next month finds better luck!:)
How sad, I hope Luke is feeling better. Hopefully none of you got it either! Hope you get to play Bunco soon!!
Post a Comment