

Yes, my children's birthdays are less than 1 week apart. So this past weekend, we celebrated my sweet little baby girl's birthday. Carman was born on April Fool's day and I definitely felt this year like the joke was on me (as far as her party is concerned). To start off, we planned a lovely party at the park in Ayden which would allow the kids to run, run, run! If you have forgotten the weather this past weekend.... let me remind you.....Rain, Rain, Rain!! So Friday night I called everyone to let them know it would be relocating to the day care center. Joy was very kind to let us use the "Joyful Beginnings" day care for Carman's party. Secondly, when we get to the party I was running late (surprise, surprise) and I had to scurry to get some decorations up as guests arrived. Third, I totally forgot the drinks and candle (so Christian had to run to the store and get some). Fourth, roughly 15 children and their parents were stuffed into a small space = noise and chaos. With all this in mind..... Carman had the time of her life. We had a karoke machine, which Carman made use of. Her song of choice was "Who let the dogs out". Her verse was "who, who, who, who". She also danced along to others singing on the karoke machine. So I must say, despite all the craziness Carman had a ball at her party and that is all that matters to me!!! One quick side note: next year Luke and Carman will have a combined party at a facility that allows me to simply show up and enjoy their party!!
I cannot close this post without noting how very very lucky I am to have Carman in my life. Before having Carman I was worried that I would not be able to love another baby as much as I did Luke. But it totally amazes me how I cannot only love Carman just as much but I cannot imagine my life without her. She is such a happy, beautiful, loving child. I cannot help but smile every time I look at her. I also love the fact that she is "momma's girl". Carman, I love you, I love you, I love you!!
3 comments:
It is a beautiful thing, isn't it - falling in love with each child as if they're your first! I love all the new updates and birthday blogs!!! What better reason to blog?! :)
Happy Birthday Carman!
I can't believe Carmen is 2 and Luke is 4! It seems just like yesterday Carmen was in your belly! Awe, I love you guys!
I can't believe Carmen is 2! AND Luke is 4! It seems like just yesterday you still had Carmen in your belly and I was watching Luke! Awe, how time goes by... love you guys!
Post a Comment