Monday, December 08, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

Christmas is upon us and I am enjoying all the joys of the season!
We started last week with a party on Thursday night with the ECU College of Business. It was at the Hilton and they had a very nice meal for us. After the party Christian noted that he doesn't think he wants to be a professor. Even though I am one, I must say.... it is a different crowd than a typical work party.
That same weekend was our Christmas party at church. It was very nice and lots of good food. Too bad that during the nativity re-enactment Luke kept saying "when is this going to be over? I am ready to play basketball." Well... he got it honest... the boy is Christian's son and sports run through his veins. Might I add that after the party, he was shooting hoops and did very good for a 4 year old. Carman was completely occupied during the party b/c Tommy and Allison sat with us and they had the babies with them. Carman tried to make sure that they had a pacifier in their mouth the entire night!



Luke, Jack & Carman before the Church Christmas party! (Jack spent the afternoon w/ us and went with us to the party. He was very proud of the rabbit ears)
Another before the party picture. I like how this one shows the tree in the background. Do you notice how all the ornaments are at one level? Can you tell that I let the kids decorate it? (they had so much fun and were so proud that I couldn't change it)


So.... tonight for FHE we decided to go and see Santa. All day Luke kept telling me "He is not at the mall.... he is at the North Pole." Despite my attempts to explain the situation, he persisted. He gets his hard head from me. So we made the trek to the Greenville Mall. We were unsure about how Carman was going to handle it b/c if you saw the pictures from last year you know that it didn't go too well. Carman is very timid. My girl is even scared of seagulls on the beach. But...... she did soooooo good tonight. She kept saying all day "I am going to shake Santa's hand." Well she did more than that.... she sat on his lap and told him that she wanted Dora. I was so proud of her. Of course Luke did well. As a matter of fact, in the pictures he looks quite relaxed in Santa's lap. He was a very friendly Santa!


Waiting their turn. I love how Luke's head is tilted in this shot.

They did such a good job!

Update on Carman's potty training.... the past couple of days we have revisited potty training and today she only had 1 accident. She even told me on 3 occasions that she had to potty and when I took her she did it. I have been beyond excited w/ her progress today. Maybe by Christmas she will be decently trained. That would be a great gift to her mommy!!



2 comments:

Ami Jackson said...

OMG! Luke looks so much older in those photos! I can't believe it! : ) I miss you guys!

Kara said...

Cute kids with Santa! Awww... And congrats on the potty training! We tried Jackson a few months ago. He did great the first 2 days then decided he wanted nothing to do with it. The only time he'll go potty is right before he gets in the tub. Maybe Carmen could give him some pointers??